www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - SITE MAINTENANCE: A place to put your suggestions.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 SITE MAINTENANCE: A place to put your suggestions. 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: SITE MAINTENANCE: A place to put your suggestions.
What does that mean? You can see all topics you haven't read without having to click on the "General Discussion" link when reading a thread?

If so, I second this proposal. Common sense thinking... I'm not used to it, don't make a habit of it!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

steevXIII wrote:
What does that mean? You can see all topics you haven't read without having to click on the "General Discussion" link when reading a thread?

If so, I second this proposal. Common sense thinking... I'm not used to it, don't make a habit of it!

Yep. To the top left of the screen in red writing you'll see it says "View active topics". Clicking that will bring up a list of the most recently posted on, and the ones with a yellow tick are the ones with new posts you haven't read yet.

The reason I want the link at the bottom of every thread page as well is that it's a pain in the arse scrolling up for ages to get back to the link at the top of the screen once I've read the new post.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:02 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

How do I do that? I can see at the bottom of threads it says "Display posts from previous: All Posts/Post tme/Ascending" but when I change it to descending, it only effects that thread as I'm reading it.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Right, I've worked out how to view all threads like that but I hate it! I don't think I'll be able to get used to it after 4 years! The old forum also had a View Active Topics link at the bottom as I'm requesting. It's not too much to ask is it? :(

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

What's wrong with "view unread posts"? I've that bookmarked so whenever I log on, I see whatever active topics are on the go and work from there.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
What's wrong with "view unread posts"? I've that bookmarked so whenever I log on, I see whatever active topics are on the go and work from there.

Same problem. All I want is that link or the other link at the bottom of every thread page so I don't have to scroll up for ages.

I initially thought Morf's idea was good until I opened threads with several new posts. When ascending, it doesn't open on the last post you've read like in descending mode, it opens at the most recent post, which means I have to scroll down to find older posts I haven't read yet. Annoying.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Blocky wrote:
Solaris wrote:

Same problem. All I want is that link or the other link at the bottom of every thread page so I don't have to scroll up for ages.

But if you bookmark it it'll be just there at the left of the screen, no scrolling necessary.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

MO MO wrote:
Or you could not be so lazy . . .

It's not laziness, it's a real inconvenience, especially if I'm on my phone.

Sol, maybe we have different brousers, or maybe it's just that I prefer minimalism, but there's nothing at the top of my screen. Cheers for trying to help Sol. I'm against having to come up with an alternative solution, the site should just be designed properly, and that's what this thread is for.

So yeah, Miranda, please can I have a View unread posts link at the bottom of every thread page, like the old forum? Thanks. Image

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Blocky wrote:
Sol, maybe we have different brousers, or maybe it's just that I prefer minimalism, but there's nothing at the top of my screen.

That is odd. On Firefox, IE and whatever the browser is on my phone (Opera, I think), just under the date on top right of every page (once logged in, obviously), there're a few links, one of which is the "view unread posts" option.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Blocky wrote:
Sol, maybe we have different brousers, or maybe it's just that I prefer minimalism, but there's nothing at the top of my screen.

That is odd. On Firefox, IE and whatever the browser is on my phone (Opera, I think), just under the date on top right of every page (once logged in, obviously), there're a few links, one of which is the "view unread posts" option.

Bab! Ignore that comment, I was being such a tard, it's not even worth explaining.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blocky wrote:
So yeah, Miranda, please can I have a View unread posts link at the bottom of every thread page, like the old forum? Thanks. Image

I'll see what I can do...

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

miranda wrote:
Blocky wrote:

It's kinda complicated. I'll see if I can do it this week.

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:54 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

miranda wrote:
miranda wrote:
Blocky wrote:

It's kinda complicated. I'll see if I can do it this week.

Cheers! :D

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Dear Jim, can you fix it for me so that when we click on a link someone posts it automatically opens the link in a new tab as opposed to jumping to the other site? The Fortean Times forum does this.

Thank you.

Carnacki, aged nine and three quarters.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Doesn't your browser allow you to right click, then select "open link in new tab"? I prefer the choice because new tabs slow my browser down.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Yes it does, I want the forum to do it for me. New tabs do not slow my computer.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

THIS FORUM IS NOT JUST FOR YOU DEWI.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

What browser do you use? I really should change from FF to Chrome but my search engines are too awesome.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:27 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

FF.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Multiple tabs don't slow mine down either (Firefox).

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next