www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Iron Maiden thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 135  Next
 The Iron Maiden thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: The Iron Maiden thread

Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Got tickets for London. Let's face it Maiden never have a decent support act.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Weakling wrote:
Seated tickets for Glasgow were still available as of this afternoon - SSE Hydro seats are actually quite ok if I remember correctly. Am hugely annoyed though that the tickets are completely paperless ones which cannot be transferred *at all*. Pish support act as well I think?

Sitting at Maiden would be the wrongest thing ever though. Although seating is probably best suited to the dull Glasgow audience of the last time.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:33 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I am enraged at the ticket prices if I'm being honest, fuck maiden, proper cunts trick charging that.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:35 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

£20 is my new limit, fucking paying £70 to see anyone.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

major-general heavy wrote:

I had no complaints about Wolfsbane.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:03 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Saw Halford open for them

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:12 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:

I had no complaints about Wolfsbane.

that was over 25 years ago

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Correct. Nevertheless...

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

that was over 25 years ago

:shock: Blimey! Where did that go?

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

26 years ago this month, I think. It'll be almost 27 years by the time this next gig comes about.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:26 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

When I saw Maiden a few months back I had bought the cheapest tickets I could find- $100 (about 50 of your British quids, or 60-ish Euro thingies), and that was seated, right at the very back of the arena. There was no one behind us, just a wall, so we could stand up. The good thing was there was no sweaty middle aged men rubbing up against us all night (um, I suppose I was a sweaty middle aged man :lol: ), we could see everything on stage, and the sound was pretty clear.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Standing sold out yesterday, and seating was £64.45.

Fuck that.

I swear it was only £35 for a standing ticket last tour.
I've seen them every time they've come to Manchester since I got into them (3 times since 2003) so it'll be quite sad to miss this outing especially given it may well be one of their last. But I genuinely don't think it'll be worth paying that.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Yup.
£37.50 for Brum.
Ridiculous increase. :evil:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

i'm the same normally, but i've never seen Maiden which is almost unbelievable given they were the band that got me into metal, and I've loved them for 30 years. They won't be touring much longer and everyone knows that.
To put into persepctive, if I wanted to see Steve Hackett play in Southend it would be a similar price; we're taking my daughter to see The Lion King next Sunday for her birthday and that was £220 for 4 people.
OTOH i'll be seeing Old Corpse Road at the Unicorn soon and that's free....

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Only £16 to see the mighty Enslaved & Grand Magus in Bristol last year.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

- Quotes taken from the Metallica Hardwired thread. Thought it would be best to avoid another incident of multiple Maiden threads. :)

robitusson wrote:
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
Somewhere In Time 2 fists
Somewhere In Time clearly marks where the band fell from their previous soaring heights, added some gayness to their sound and started losing their way. So it lost an extra fist due to the personal disappointment of that. 3 fists is the more calculated, fairer score.

I will never understand the dislike for Somewhere in Time that I see on this forum. I understand why some wouldn't like the guitar sound, but musically, the album consists of some really well written songs (and certainly up to the Maiden standard at that time). It is a 4 at the very worst.

I will concede that it is the first noticeable dip in album quality for Maiden, as this is the first Maiden release that I wouldn't be willing to rate a 5. I'm a little back and forth on Piece of Mind, but I don't find it difficult to give it a 5. Somewhere in Time however I'm not so comfortable giving such a rating. 4.5 would be my choice (spare the moans at half fist ratings :roll:). I think some people here (Robit) have a bit too much of a bone to pick with synthesised guitars, to the point where they are willing to largely ignore musicianship and songwriting because of it. And I think we all know by now not to take a Maiden album rating from Cosmic seriously.

How does the album compare to SSoaSS? I would give them about the same rating. I'm not comfortable with giving either one a 5.

"Grishknackh was a man of contradiction... filled with dishonour. Once he said himself to be an elf, I look upon him as a cowardly squealing orc!"
- Mortiis, 1995
Cosmic Equilibrium wrote:
In all honesty I rate Killers below Virtual XI.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:43 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Sorry but I think you've misinterpreted me a bit on the SiT rating. If you look back at my posts you will see that I've always rated SiT as a 5 fist album and it has pretty much always been in my top 3 Maiden albums.

Considering that a lot of guitar synths are used on the record, it actually has dated a lot better than many other 80s albums which have them. From my perspective, the guitar tones actually give quite a distinctive and vivid atmosphere to the album, and blend well with the songs. Also if you look behind the synths you will find some of Maiden's heaviest and most technical songwriting.

On a song-for song basis I find SiT to be more consistent in that department than Powerslave, and far more consistent than Piece Of Mind. Probably the most consistent album they made since the debut up to that point.

I would rate it on a par with Seventh Son and give both albums 5 fists, no questions asked. I do rate Seventh Son just a smidgen lower than SiT due to the production being a bit too polished and slick. SiT has quite a heavy sound given how prominently guitar synths are used on it.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:06 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

"Somewhere In Time" is actually my favourite heavy metal record ever. I think it was the heaviest thing they'd done to that time & the synthesized sound actually plays a big part in the atmosphere of the record which is very much suited by the futuristic cover image.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Yes yes yes to the SIT love. My all time fave Maiden album

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 135  Next