www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Cameras/phones at gigs?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cameras/phones at gigs? 

Cameras/phones at gigs?
Nothing wrong with a few happy snaps. 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Put the phone down, you c#$%! I can't see shit! 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Meh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a serial bootlegger with numerous uploads of bad quality. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Cameras/phones at gigs? 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Cameras/phones at gigs?
I read recently that at a recent A Perfect Circle show on their US tour up to 60 people were ejected from the venue for photographing/filming the performance despite warning signs displayed around the venue (and that it has been a long standing position of all of vocalist Maynard James Keenan's various bands).

Is this going too far? To eject paying customers from the venue because of a bad phone pics from the back of the room?

The only instance of taking a quick snap that has gotten me in lukewarm water was at the Opera House here at a Wayne Shorter show, where an usher came and told me to 'delete that' (which I of course did not do because I'm a bad person). Though they seem to be a lot less strict on that these days with the number of rock shows they have there now.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:50 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Cameras/phones at gigs?
Nothing wrong with one or two pics, but when some cunt has their phone in the air for the duration, and you're stuck behind them, it's incredibly annoying. No sympathy for people whose phones are slapped out of their hands, TBH.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Cameras/phones > Crowd crashers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Anything more than a "look where I am" snap is fucking shit. I hate APC, but good on them for kicking those cunts out. If you're in a crowd and some fuckwit hold their phone up the light coming from it is really fucking distracting.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:07 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I watched the taping of Smackdown at the Manchester Arena last week and I feel they had the right attitude.

A message before hand came on and basically said whilst they encourage the taking of photos for personal use, they ask that you don't film or record the event. 3 times I saw a security guard come down to the front and get the attention of someone filming and motion to them to stop.

They weren't thrown out or made to delete it or anything. But it sent a message out to others that it is being monitored.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I think that sounds like a reasonable approach. You can kind of live with a few quick pictures for the social media account, but the last thing you want to do is to watch a whole gig through someone else's 15cm screen (and seriously, who ever watches that footage - it's usually so poor quality that it is hardly worth it).

I think in the case of APC/Tool that it is a policy they have had in place forever, but it is certainly a lot harder now that everyone effectively has a camera in their pocket.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]