www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386  Next
 Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
^Yeah, but if you look back at their career they have never really taken more than 3 years between albums. They generally take 2.

The reason we notice it more now is because the shine is back on them again after they signed to Nuclear Blast and released Ironbound. They have been on a serious roll since then.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tool-singer-begs-bandmates-to-finish-recording-their-parts-for-new-album/

Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

He could have maybe done that in private.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:38 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

^^It's all part of the master plan to ensure that we never get new music mate

Fri May 18, 2018 3:50 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

“But how can we keep people interested for even LONGER Maynard?? ......I’ve got it!! Let’s spout some more bullshit to continue avoiding having to answer actual questions!”

Fri May 18, 2018 8:30 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

So Conception offers a trip fans can sign up to.

it's quite expensive though. :lol: Taken from pledgemusic:

£1,950
€2234 EUR (approx.)

An exclusive trip to go camping with all four members of Conception for a whole weekend in the glorious Norwegian wilderness! This is the chance for up to ten people to discover their inner Viking! Purchase includes weekend camping with the band, transfer to camp site from Oslo train station, tent accommodation, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, camping food/drink, return from campsite to Oslo central and an exclusive one-off Conception Camping goodie-bag including a bespoke hoodie unique to this trip ; a genuine trip of a lifetime for any major Conception fan! Please note purchaser must be prepared and able to undertake a camping trip of this nature, including trekking, and provide own travel into and out of Oslo, travel insurance etc. If any special requirements are needed, please contact us first in order to ascertain viability prior to purchase.

When: Friday 7th to Sunday 9th of September 2018
Where: purchasers would need to be ready for collection from Oslo central train station at 11am on Friday 7th September, and be returned to the same location at 6pm on Sunday 9th September.

olks, we have thought long and hard about how we can offer something genuinely unique and interesting to you, and feel confident and excited that this is our opportunity to do exactly that, whilst spending some quality time with a select handful of our most passionate fans. We can’t wait to see you in Oslo; don’t forget your toothbrush!

Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's always interesting when bands making comebacks resort to using crowdfunding, especially when they were never that big in the first place.

Ugly Kid Joe crowdfunding their comeback album makes sense. They were a huge band back in the day, even if their success is short lived, and there is always going to be a certain level of interest based on nostalgia.

Conception, on the other hand, are in a completely different category.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:32 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Stat_Rad wrote:
It's always interesting when bands making comebacks resort to using crowdfunding, especially when they were never that big in the first place.

Ugly Kid Joe crowdfunding their comeback album makes sense. They were a huge band back in the day, even if their success is short lived, and there is always going to be a certain level of interest based on nostalgia.

What entertains me is the new business model of average bands offering VIP tickets for when they are on tour. I realise things arent the same as they used to be, but really, paying a shitload of money to drink beer with your favourite band when back in the day that could happen for free if you had the right connections.

Somehow it just feels wrong that certain bands are resorting to these measures.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

In Conception's case, I think the idea of inviting fans for a weekend together isn't wrong. It's just the price that makes it ridiculous.

Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Stat_Rad wrote:

The missus is a massive UKJ fan and I was dragged along to see them in Wrexham a few years back. It was in a small venue and was fucking shite, needless to say.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Are Hammerfall any good? They are playing in Vancouver tomorrow and I'm tempted to go. Either that or Social Distortion, who are also playing on the same night.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:40 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I've never had any time for Hammerfall personally. I'd go with Social Distortion.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:53 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

The track Legacy Of Kings is fantastic but I've never been bothered about them otherwise.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

They had a pretty good run of albums, Crimson Thunder was probably my favourite.
I saw them live at bloodstock a few years back and they were solid live.

That said I think they've released 5 albums since I last listened to them, so no idea if they are still any good.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

They were pretty consistent until the mid 00's, but I lost interest with Renegade. It wasn't as good as Legacy or Glory and the Euro power metal market was reaching saturation point in 2000/2001, so they had already lost their novelty.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:15 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I agree that their first two records were their best Stat but they were still a long way from competing with the elite European power metal bands of the time i.e. Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Labÿrinth, etc. I never saw the appeal in Hammerfall to be honest.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

For sure. They weren't as good as Rhapsody either. They were just a fun Helloween tribute band that overstayed their welcome.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Yeah I agree about Rhapsody. Stratovarius, Grave Digger & Edguy were releasing superior material to Hammerfall at the time too although none of them were working in the top tier.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:35 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Eddie Trunk up there acting like an old man frightened by the prospect of change. The thing is, it's not even a new change. Every few years, a band arrives with a fancy new image, but because Ghost don't scream, grunt and mouthfart, he seems to take exception to them because they don't live up to what he imagined them to be.
His friend Jim hits the nail on the head with the comparison to Kiss, but Trunk dismisses him as wrong even though Kiss were exactly what he said - a Power Pop band with some heavy songs but who were also writing pop songs like Shout it Out Loud, Great Expectations, Flaming Youth, Anything for my Baby, and Getaway as early as 1975.
I usually like Trunk, but he's being an ageing old revisionist tit here, dismissing one argument which has just as much validity as the other just because he likes one band and doesn't like the other.

Hammerfall - fantastic band from 1997-2005.
The wheels fell off with the Threshold album, and even though they occasionally put out a decent record, they're pretty much done now.

See also: Gamma Ray, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, and Primal Fear.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386  Next