www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386
 Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Strongbow Steve's Random Music Thread
Spiny Norman wrote:
Eddie Trunk up there acting like an old man frightened by the prospect of change. The thing is, it's not even a new change. Every few years, a band arrives with a fancy new image, but because Ghost don't scream, grunt and mouthfart, he seems to take exception to them because they don't live up to what he imagined them to be.

The Kiss comparison is valid to a point, but Ghost have really taken their imagery from more extreme forms of music yet don't play anything resembling it. There is a slight air of goofiness about Ghost's image though that could be compared to The Misfits, another band Trunk dislikes.

I do agree with you that his objection to Ghost basically boils down to 'I don't like them and I don't get why others do either', but as an 'old fart' he should be embracing Ghost because there is nothing really new about them. They are the epitome of what's wrong with culture today, even if they are damn good. i.e just content to recycle and recombine elements from past forms.

There is a valid objection to be made against Ghost. He just didn't make it.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 7701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386