www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next
 The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread. 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: The "GUYS, I'M LEAVING !" Thread.
JCC wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
I just had to question my involvement in a forum where it's okay to like shit Mexican music

Be my guest

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

MALIBUMAN wrote:
I just had to question my involvement in a forum where it's okay to like shit Mexican music, but not Arch Enemy.

Are you exaggerating for comic effect, or do you really think that's what happened?

On one forum I said that I didn't like Buena Vista Social Club, and a small number of other people told me why they did. You then jumped in shouting about Mexican music and making yourself look a bit silly. On another forum some people liked Arch Enemy and some didn't. That's it.

Pretty much everyone here likes something that everyone else takes the piss out of, it only happens to you so much because you actively court it ("hey guys, look at this gay new band I love that YOU'LL ALL HATE". Which is fine, but then turning around and complaining that you don't fit in seems a bit unfair. The other person whose tastes are derided as often as yours are is AMJ, who also deliberately courts the attention ("lol at all the Deathcore hate"), but at least he takes it with a good spirit.

The are other people here who like Arch Enemy, Zyklon, Samael and even Zeromancer, you just generally ignore them in discussions and focus on the people taking the piss.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Yeah, you're right.
I'm a cunt.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

If you want someone to say "oh, Malibu, please stay, we like you" I will, because you would make the forum less interesting if you left, and I respect your tastes and opinions even when I don't like or agree with them (which is frequently). I just wanted to make sure you understand that there isn't really a pro-Mexican/anti-Arch Enemy stance that you're being driven out by.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Richie H-R wrote:
The are other people here who like Arch Enemy, Zyklon, Samael and even Zeromancer

That's going too far.

Mali - you aren't a cunt, you are being a bit silly though. I hope you stay.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:14 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

JCC wrote:
Don't pay him any mind Richie, this happens every time. After a certain point of criticism Malibuman loses all sense of purpose and breaks down momentarily, like that. Give him half an hour and the opportunity to post some anal dildo footage, he'll be right as rain.

I'm actually starting to like JCC...

It's not about Mexican music vs Arch Enemy. But it does seem that my musical tastes are SO out of whack with pretty much everyone else here that it does seem rather pointless to come here to talk about music. I'm not saying I'm right and you're all wrong. There is no right and wrong. Even for Mexican music. I'm not looking for you to beg me to stay, and Gene didn't offend me with his 'idiot' comment. It's just....well, it's been a long grinding down and maybe I just need a break.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

We need a forum sweat lodge/bonding session in the Norwegian woods to sort out all the ennui and petty infighting.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:23 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Considering how much you like Melodic DM Mali, I'm surprised you don't like The Black Dahlia Murder. They're far greater than Arch Enemy in every conceivable way.

I'd fuck Trevor over Gossow any day too.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
It's Cuban music.

It's OK to like anything here Mali, even Zeromancer.

You're only saying that because you like Divine Comedy.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Considering how much you like Melodic DM Mali, I'm surprised you don't like The Black Dahlia Murder. They're far greater than Arch Enemy in every conceivable way.

I'd fuck Trevor over Gossow any day too.

I did have one of their albums, but I never really got on with it.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I can't watch it from the library, but is that the video where they do the hilarious "circle-pit" by running laps around the field?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:50 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Solaris wrote:
It's Cuban music.

The Divine Comedy.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

MALIBUMAN wrote:
It's not about Mexican music vs Arch Enemy. But it does seem that my musical tastes are SO out of whack with pretty much everyone else here that it does seem rather pointless to come here to talk about music. I'm not saying I'm right and you're all wrong. There is no right and wrong. Even for Mexican music. I'm not looking for you to beg me to stay, and Gene didn't offend me with his 'idiot' comment. It's just....well, it's been a long grinding down and maybe I just need a break.

My vote would be for you to stick around, Mali. Part of what I like about this forum is that it doesn't totally focus on music. I don't listen to much of what everyone else here does either really; the music section is often lists of bands I've not even heard, whereas at least you know you don't like them!

Personally I've always enjoyed reading your comments (I especially like the twenty minutes trying to get the malware off my computer after clicking your links) and you and JCC are my new favourite squabbling couple, don't deprive us of that!

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Solaris wrote:
It's Cuban music.

The Divine Comedy.

Knob.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

MALIBUMAN wrote:
But it does seem that my musical tastes are SO out of whack with pretty much everyone else here that it does seem rather pointless to come here to talk about music.

Are you exaggerating or just being insane? Are you saying there's no-one here who likes Destruction, Burzum, Exodus, Samael, Fear Factory and plenty of other bands you like? Everyone on here has things they like that others don't, of course they do, we're all different people with different tastes. Stop whinging, you're being like a stupid woman who's had a row and is now doing the "oh, you don't REALLY love me or you'd never have said anything!" shit.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Solaris wrote:
It's Cuban music.

The Divine Comedy.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Less cheese before bed mate.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Wolf Bender wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
But it does seem that my musical tastes are SO out of whack with pretty much everyone else here that it does seem rather pointless to come here to talk about music.

Are you mad or just insane? Are you saying there's no-one here who likes Destruction, Burzum, Exodus, Samael, Fear Factory and plenty of other bands you like? Everyone on here has things they like that others don't, of course they do, we're all different people with different tastes. Stop whinging, you're being like a stupid woman who's had a row and is now doing the "oh, you don't REALLY love me or you'd never have said anything!" shit.

Fixed.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:49 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

That's it, I'm leaving, but I'm leaving The Divine Comedy behind to spite you.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Fuck that, I'm leaving. I'm taking Manowar with me but I'm going to tie them in a bag and throw them off a bridge.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 46  Next