www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Film Thread VI
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255
 Film Thread VI 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Film Thread VI
Michael Fassbender wasn't in High Rise.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:16 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

Thats who I thought the guy was.

But it wasn't.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Tom Hiddleston, wasn't it? I didn't think much of the film TBH, though I believe it was pretty faithful to the book.

Also, Fassbender's German, but was raised in Kerry (in the southwest of Ireland).

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:01 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

That's the one. Fair enough but I never remember the actors well, don't care enough to know details about them. My viewing companion didn't like High Rise either, I thought it was funny and fun. Figures.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Scanners
Eraserhead

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
Climate Control
Climate Control

1917 - Not bad, but more is made of the 'one shot' gimmick than is necessary. It ceryainly looked brilliant though.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Terminator: Dark Fate. Maybe not as bad as Genisys, but still pretty worthless. Should have never been a franchise. The story ended in 91.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Brazil

Got 50 minutes in and turned it off, boring as fuck

Desolate

Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Climate Control
Climate Control

I've tried with that a few times and never gotten more than 5 mins. into it. Dross.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:11 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

blacklorre wrote:

LOL, I thought there should be a movie out there called "The Ex" about a woman that screams at the top of her lungs about how she wants more child support. She keeps denying this guy access to her kid and demanding more money but she's never happy and always wants more. A real fucking scary film.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:40 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

Been picking up charity shop DVDs of forgotten or unseen movies, just for the fuck of it.

V For Vendetta - decent romp, well played, nice close-to-the-bone world creation. Very typical DC comics anti-hero fayre but that didn't put me off as it usually does. 4/5.

Mean Machine - hilariously low common denominator appeal, subtlety and depth definitely not key words here. Makes it hard to criticize harshly but god damn. I honestly don't even know what to say. It really is what it is. My god. Why not just show 90 minutes of Vinnie Jones getting his cock polished.

Guest House Paradiso - Bottom is one of my favourite sitcoms ever, absolutely savagely critical satire about desperation in the underclass with a loud visceral appeal and slapstick violence... I've seen this feature length (loose) adaptation once before and forgot about it. It seemed like it was going to be terrible over the first 10 minutes but grew on me. One line made me laugh out loud - Richie's surname is spelled Twat, and he corrects them saying it's "actually it's Thwaite". That joke repeats about 5 times until someone gets it right, and he corrects them and goes "actually it's CUNT". Proper. Otherwise, predictably daft verging on stupid, a bit off the mark. They had much better ideas. Not surprised Ade Edmonson didn't want to carry on, on the basis of this and last two live shows, it was clearly running out of steam. They latched onto the wrong parts of what made Bottom what it was, just focussing on the slapstick, gross-out and shouting. Not a re-watcher. Low 3/5.

The Fifth Element - Fuckin ell, how have I never seen this? Straddles the line between mainstream movie and half decent sci-fi well. Nicely done. It seems like it was ahead of its time but it's not that easy to contextualise. Bruce Willis plays Bruce Willis. Mila Jovovich strong performance. A high 4/5.

Mulholland Drive - HOW DARE YOU, DAVID LYNCH. FUCKING HELL. Horrendously haunting stuff, took me back into my dreams as I suspect was the idea. I can't believe how good this is but it's not really a movie in the normal sense, like a lot of his stuff it comes off more like mixed media art. My reaction to watching this again (I've seen it a few times but not for a long time) was not normal, the closest word I can find is "fear". Wow. 100% could also see why someone would think this was the shittest thing ever. Seems to be always the way with stuff I take to strongly. No score, too left field.

Also wrong thread I guess but I got a box set of Eddie Izzard live concerts and they're all very fucking funny, especially liked Dress To Kill and Definite Article. 5/5, despite some obvious flavour suggestions, I've got nothing to compare it to. Seems so original for when it was.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:
Jay And Silent Bob Reboot.

Snootchie Bootchies! Kevin Smith has lost weight, and also the ability to make comedies, it seems. The movie tries to be all self-aware with references to remakes, reboots and other Hollywood trends but comes across like what it is, a nostalgia trip back to the Viewaskewniverse, where some of his other movies characters make an appearance because nostalgia. Both him and Jason Mewes should jack it in as it's embarrassing watching grown men try and act like they're still in their twenties. His daughter cannot act either. 1 Fist.

I thought it was bad for the first 40 mins, then it picked up a little. Wasn't good, but it passed the time.

Star Wars: TROS: the worst Star Wars film along with Clones. A complete fucking mess. The Emperor now resembles a character from The Conjuring universe. 2/5.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:31 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Aladdin (2019).

Live-action remake of the excellent Disney animated feature from 1992.

Absolutely pointless. 2 Fists. Stick with the original.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Pointless, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Still not worth seeing of course.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 5095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255